The Studor P.A.P.A. (Positive Air Pressure Attenuator) is a revolutionary ‘world-first’ system developed to resolve the problems of positive pressures (transients / back-pressure) within the drainage systems of multi-storey and high rise developments. This is the perfect complement to the existing range of Studor Air Admittance Valves (AAVs), providing a complete venting solution for any Multi-storey building over 10 storeys high.
Whether you are a drainage system architect or engineer, the P.A.P.A. has changed the design of drainage venting systems, thus allowing building designers to simplify their sanitary waste systems with many benefits including:
- The P.A.P.A. provides effective and complete protection against positive pressures in the drainage system, with no specialist installation requirements.
- The P.A.P.A. replaces existing vent piping, which means greater freedom of design.
- The P.A.P.A. has a life time guarantee for peace of mind.
- The P.A.P.A. can be retrofitted to all types of high rise drainage designs.
- The P.A.P.A. also reduces the need for fire stopping devices.
The Studor System is a complete venting system utilising Studor AAVs such as the Mini-Vent and the Maxi-Vent, together with the P.A.P.A. The Mini-Vent will protect fixtures on the branches of a system from any vacuum. The Maxi-Vent sits on top of the stacks, whilst the P.A.P.A. deals with the positive pressures.
Testing and Intellectual Rights
This revolutionary product was first tested in the laboratory of Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and was invented by Professor John A. Swaffield and Dr David Campbell. The invention of such a system remains unique in the drainage and plumbing field and is patented along with the designs of numerous other Studor products.